作者: admin

  • Turkey-registered plane crashes in Croatia reportedly killing the pilot

    Turkey-registered plane crashes in Croatia reportedly killing the pilot

    A tragic aviation incident unfolded in western Croatia on Thursday when a Turkey-registered aircraft crashed, resulting in the death of the pilot, according to local authorities. The Air Tractor AT-802 vanished from radar screens shortly before 5 p.m. local time, as confirmed by an official statement from Croatia’s Interior Ministry. Approximately 20 minutes later, emergency services were alerted to a plane engulfed in flames near the coastal town of Senj, located along the Adriatic Sea. The aircraft was reportedly en route from the northern port city of Rijeka to the capital, Zagreb, and was on its return journey when the accident occurred. The Air Tractor AT-802, typically utilized for agricultural purposes or firefighting, was identified as belonging to Turkey’s forestry administration. Rescue teams swiftly responded to the scene, extinguishing the fire and recovering the pilot’s body. Authorities confirmed that no other individuals were aboard the plane at the time of the crash. Further details regarding the cause of the incident remain under investigation.

  • Turkey suspends C-130 flights after fatal plane crash

    Turkey suspends C-130 flights after fatal plane crash

    Turkey has temporarily suspended all flights of its C-130 military cargo planes following a tragic crash in neighboring Georgia that claimed the lives of all 20 individuals on board. The incident occurred on November 6, 2025, as the aircraft was returning to Turkey from Azerbaijan. The Turkish Defence Ministry announced the suspension on November 13, stating that operations would only resume after comprehensive technical inspections and safety checks are completed on all C-130 planes. The ill-fated plane had departed from Ganja Airport in western Azerbaijan but crashed shortly after crossing into eastern Georgia. Eyewitness footage, shared by Azerbaijani media, captured the plane spinning horizontally alongside debris as it plummeted. The cause of the crash remains under investigation, with the ministry emphasizing that the accident investigation team is working diligently to determine the root cause. The flight data and cockpit voice recorders, commonly referred to as the black boxes, have been recovered and sent to Ankara for analysis. The ministry clarified that the plane was carrying personnel and maintenance supplies, with no ammunition on board. Among the victims were maintenance specialists for F-16 fighter jets, who had participated in Azerbaijan’s Victory Day celebrations in Baku. The C-130 aircraft, originally purchased from Saudi Arabia in 2012, underwent maintenance and upgrades before being added to the Turkish air force inventory in 2014. It was modernized and put into service in 2022, with regular maintenance ensuring its operational readiness. The ministry refuted claims that the plane had been decommissioned by its previous operator, stating it was a surplus aircraft.

  • Francesca Albanese says Starmer helped ‘manufacture’ consensus for Israeli genocide

    Francesca Albanese says Starmer helped ‘manufacture’ consensus for Israeli genocide

    The UN Special Rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian territories, Francesca Albanese, has accused British Prime Minister Keir Starmer of facilitating Israel’s actions in Gaza, which she describes as genocide. In a recent interview with Middle East Eye’s Expert Witness podcast, Albanese highlighted the findings of her report, ‘Gaza Genocide: A Collective Crime,’ presented to the UN General Assembly last month. The report implicates 63 states, including the UK, in enabling Israeli violations of international law. It specifically criticizes the UK for conducting over 600 surveillance missions over Gaza, sharing intelligence with Israel, and aligning these operations with major Israeli military actions. Albanese also pointed to the UK’s historical threats to defund the International Criminal Court (ICC) under the previous Conservative government, as revealed by Middle East Eye in June 2024. She argued that Starmer, a former human rights lawyer, has used his legal expertise to dismiss allegations of genocide in Gaza, contradicting the ICJ’s recognition of potential irreparable harm to Palestinians. Albanese further condemned the Labour government’s crackdown on civil society and activists opposing the genocide, including the recent designation of Palestine Action as a terrorist organization. She called for domestic and international judicial proceedings against UK officials, emphasizing the need for accountability.

  • Israeli settlers torch West Bank mosque and spray racist slogans

    Israeli settlers torch West Bank mosque and spray racist slogans

    In a disturbing escalation of violence, Israeli settlers set fire to the Hajja Hamida Mosque near the occupied West Bank city of Salfit on Thursday. The attack, which occurred between the towns of Kafr Haris and Deir Istiya, left the mosque severely damaged, with charred walls, shattered windows, and racist graffiti spray-painted on its exterior. Residents arriving for dawn prayers were met with flames and thick smoke, forcing them to call the Civil Defence to control the blaze. Imam Ahmad Ahed Salman, who leads prayers at the mosque, described the scene as devastating, noting that settlers had poured flammable materials inside before the attack. The Palestinian Ministry of Religious Endowments condemned the incident as a ‘heinous crime,’ accusing Israel of systematically targeting places of worship to intimidate Palestinians. This attack is part of a broader surge in settler violence, which has intensified since October 2023, particularly during the olive harvest season—a critical period for Palestinian livelihoods. According to the Colonization and Wall Resistance Commission, over 2,350 attacks were recorded in October alone, with the majority occurring in Ramallah, Nablus, and Hebron. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio expressed concern about the violence, warning that it could undermine ceasefire efforts in Gaza. Israeli security data also reveals a sharp increase in ‘nationalist crimes’ against Palestinians, with 704 incidents documented from January to October 2025, surpassing the total for 2024. The attack has left local communities fearful but resolute, with Salman vowing to rebuild the mosque and protect their homes.

  • Where school is a tent: Yemeni kids learn without classrooms, textbooks

    Where school is a tent: Yemeni kids learn without classrooms, textbooks

    In the war-torn landscapes of Yemen, education has become a luxury for many children. Crammed under tattered tents or in makeshift classrooms, young learners grapple with the basics of Arabic grammar, often without textbooks or even shoes. Born into a nation fractured by years of conflict, these children are among the fortunate few who still have access to any form of schooling. Yemen’s education system lies in ruins, with nearly 3,000 schools destroyed and those still standing plagued by power outages, water shortages, and a dire lack of trained teachers. At Al Ribat Al Gharbi school near Aden, a typical example, students endure overcrowded conditions, with classes often exceeding 100 pupils. Teacher Suad Saleh, clad in the traditional black niqab, struggles to maintain order in her rudimentary classroom, where many children sit on the tiled floor with exercise books on their laps. ‘It takes me 10 minutes just to quiet them down,’ she laments. The crisis extends beyond infrastructure. Many teachers have abandoned their posts due to meager wages, with some earning as little as $31 a month. The consequences are dire: over 4.5 million children in Yemen are out of school, according to UNICEF, leaving an entire generation at risk of illiteracy. Amid this devastation, Saudi Arabia has stepped in with development programs, focusing on rebuilding schools and training teachers in government-controlled areas. However, the scars of war remain deep. ‘Stopping education has had a terrible impact,’ says Fathiya Al Afifi, a school principal. ‘An entire generation can neither read nor write. This is a disaster.’

  • Juan Ponce Enrile, architect of Philippine martial law, dies at 101: Daughter

    Juan Ponce Enrile, architect of Philippine martial law, dies at 101: Daughter

    Juan Ponce Enrile, a pivotal figure in Philippine history and a key architect of the martial law imposed during the regime of dictator Ferdinand Marcos Sr., has died at the age of 101. His daughter, Katrina Ponce Enrile, confirmed his passing on Thursday, November 13, 2025. Enrile, who had been receiving treatment for pneumonia, died peacefully at his home at 4:21 PM local time, surrounded by his family. A public viewing has been announced to honor his memory. Enrile’s legacy is deeply intertwined with the Philippines’ tumultuous political history, particularly during the Marcos era, where he played a significant role in shaping the nation’s trajectory. His death marks the end of an era for a man who was both celebrated and criticized for his contributions to Philippine politics.

  • Philippine president vows arrests over bogus flood control projects

    Philippine president vows arrests over bogus flood control projects

    Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos has vowed to arrest individuals involved in fraudulent flood control projects before Christmas, following devastating typhoons that left parts of the country submerged. The announcement comes amid allegations that construction firm owners, government officials, and lawmakers, including Marcos’ cousin Congressman Martin Romualdez, have embezzled funds intended for infrastructure projects, many of which were either substandard or non-existent. The Department of Finance estimates that corruption in these projects has cost the Philippine economy up to 118.5 billion pesos (approximately $2 billion) from 2023 to 2025. Marcos emphasized that criminal cases against the implicated individuals are nearly complete, stating, “We don’t file cases for optics. We file cases to put people in jail.” He added, “They won’t have a merry Christmas… happy days are over.” The issue of ‘ghost’ infrastructure projects was highlighted in Marcos’ July national address, sparking widespread public outrage. When questioned about his cousin’s involvement, Marcos noted that there is currently insufficient evidence but stressed that “no one is exempted in this investigation.” The Philippines is still recovering from the destruction caused by Super Typhoon Fung-wong, which struck on Sunday, flooding hundreds of villages and claiming at least 27 lives. This disaster followed Typhoon Kalmaegi, which hit the central Philippines days earlier, resulting in at least 232 fatalities.

  • Pakistan grants lifetime immunity to president, current army chief

    Pakistan grants lifetime immunity to president, current army chief

    In a landmark decision, Pakistan’s parliament ratified the 27th constitutional amendment on Thursday, bestowing lifetime immunity upon the president and the current army chief. The amendment, passed with a two-thirds majority, has sparked widespread criticism for its potential to undermine democratic principles and judicial independence. Army Chief Asim Munir, recently elevated to the rank of field marshal following Pakistan’s tense standoff with India in May, will now wield command over the army, air force, and navy. The amendment also introduces the role of Chief of Defence Forces, consolidating military authority under a single command. Additionally, it establishes a Federal Constitutional Court, further reshaping the nation’s legal and governance framework. The new provisions ensure that any officer promoted to the highest military ranks—field marshal, marshal of the air force, or admiral of the fleet—will retain their rank, privileges, and immunity from criminal proceedings for life. Critics argue that this move erodes civilian oversight of the military and disrupts the traditional hierarchy of equal service chiefs under the joint chief system. President Asif Ali Zardari, who has faced multiple corruption allegations, is also shielded from prosecution unless he assumes another public office. The amendment further prohibits courts from challenging any constitutional changes, raising concerns about unchecked executive power. The bill is now awaiting the president’s signature to become law.

  • South Korea halts flights for crucial college entry exam

    South Korea halts flights for crucial college entry exam

    South Korea has implemented a series of nationwide measures to ensure a smooth and distraction-free environment for students taking the highly consequential College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT), locally known as the ‘Suneung.’ The exam, held on November 13, 2025, is a pivotal event in the lives of South Korean students, as it determines admission to top universities and is widely viewed as a gateway to social mobility, economic stability, and even marital prospects. With so much at stake, the government has taken extraordinary steps to minimize disruptions. A 35-minute flight ban was enforced during the English listening test, affecting 140 flights, including 75 international services. Additionally, banks and public offices delayed their opening hours by an hour to reduce traffic congestion. Parents and students alike were visibly anxious, with many parents visiting shrines, churches, and temples to pray for their children’s success. The exam day is steeped in traditions and superstitions, such as avoiding seaweed soup, believed to cause students to ‘slip’ in their performance. The 2026 admission cycle also introduced a new requirement for universities to consider applicants’ records of school violence, marking a significant shift in policy. Over 550,000 students registered for the exam, with many receiving encouragement from younger peers and community members. The day-long test, held at centers like Yongsan High School in Seoul, saw a heavy media presence and police assistance for latecomers. The CSAT remains a defining moment in South Korea’s education system, reflecting the nation’s intense focus on academic achievement and its broader societal implications.

  • UAE approves names of 6,228 pilgrims to perform Hajj in 2026

    UAE approves names of 6,228 pilgrims to perform Hajj in 2026

    The UAE’s General Authority for Islamic Affairs, Endowments, and Zakat (Awqaf) has finalized the list of 6,228 Emirati citizens selected to perform the Hajj pilgrimage in 2026 (1447 AH). The selection process, conducted through an automated sorting system, evaluated over 72,000 applicants based on specific criteria and eligibility conditions. Priority was given to senior citizens and individuals with medical conditions requiring special care, followed by those who had applied multiple times without success and first-time pilgrims. All approved applicants have been notified via text messages and other communication channels to begin completing the necessary procedures. The authority emphasized its commitment to fairness, transparency, and ensuring a safe and organized Hajj experience. Unsuccessful applicants for 2026 will have their applications automatically transferred to the 2027 Hajj season without requiring resubmission. This initiative aligns with the UAE government’s strategy to provide efficient and civilized services that meet the aspirations of its citizens.