作者: admin

  • Trump says will sue BBC for up to $5 billion over video edit

    Trump says will sue BBC for up to $5 billion over video edit

    Former US President Donald Trump has announced his intention to sue the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) for up to $5 billion following a controversial edit of one of his speeches. Trump made the declaration on Friday, accusing the BBC of defamation and admitting to misleading edits. He revealed plans to discuss the matter with British Prime Minister Keir Starmer, who has consistently supported the BBC’s independence while refraining from taking sides against Trump. The BBC had previously apologized for a documentary that implied Trump directly incited violence before the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot. Despite the apology, the broadcaster denied any legal basis for a defamation claim. The controversy has already led to the resignation of the BBC’s director-general and top news executive. Trump’s legal team sent a formal letter to the BBC earlier in the week, demanding an apology and compensation by Friday. The BBC chairman, Samir Shah, issued a personal apology to Trump, but the corporation remains firm in its stance against the defamation allegations. Trump emphasized his determination to pursue legal action, stating, ‘I think I have to do it. They’ve even admitted that they cheated.’

  • Disney channels to return to YouTube TV after companies agree to end fee dispute

    Disney channels to return to YouTube TV after companies agree to end fee dispute

    In a significant development for streaming services, YouTube TV and Walt Disney have resolved their fee dispute, ensuring the return of Disney-owned channels to the platform. The affected networks, including ABC, ESPN, FX, National Geographic, and Disney Channel, were restored starting Friday, November 15, 2025. The dispute, which began on October 30, had left millions of subscribers without access to crucial programming, such as US Election Day coverage and major live sports events. ESPN’s full sports lineup, including ESPN Unlimited content, will be available to base-plan subscribers at no extra cost by the end of 2026. The disagreement centered on carriage fees, the per-subscriber rates distributors pay to broadcast networks. Disney sought rates comparable to those paid by major distributors, reportedly around $10 per subscriber monthly for ESPN. YouTube TV, leveraging its rapid growth and Google’s financial resources, negotiated terms that avoid immediate price hikes for customers. Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger emphasized that the proposed deal was equitable, aligning with agreements made by other large distributors. The resolution alleviates investor concerns about Disney’s declining TV business, which recently missed quarterly revenue expectations despite strong performance in streaming and parks. Earlier, YouTube TV had faced similar disputes with NBCUniversal, Fox, and Paramount, successfully securing continued access to their networks. The platform also offered a $20 credit to subscribers if the Disney channels remained unavailable for an extended period.

  • Rocket-lift rides, 360° lounges: Inside Ciel Dubai Marina, world’s tallest hotel

    Rocket-lift rides, 360° lounges: Inside Ciel Dubai Marina, world’s tallest hotel

    Dubai’s skyline has welcomed a new architectural marvel, the Ciel Dubai Marina, which officially opens its doors on November 15, 2025. Standing at 82 floors, this glass-clad tower has claimed the title of the world’s tallest hotel, offering an unparalleled blend of luxury, innovation, and breathtaking views. Located at the edge of Dubai Marina and overlooking the Arabian Gulf, the hotel is a testament to the city’s relentless pursuit of architectural excellence. Khaleej Times recently explored the space, revealing a design philosophy centered around light, height, and panoramic vistas. The hotel’s exterior resembles a sleek, oval-shaped column of blue glass, while its interiors are a harmonious blend of minimalist aesthetics, soft tones, and expansive windows that flood every corner with natural light. The experience begins with a high-speed elevator that ascends at nearly two floors per second, transporting guests to heights of 60 to 80 floors in mere seconds. From these vantage points, visitors can marvel at iconic landmarks such as Palm Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab, and Burj Khalifa, as well as the sprawling cityscape of Dubai. The hotel’s rooms are designed to frame the city like a live movie, with all-glass facades ensuring uninterrupted views. Two infinity pools offer contrasting perspectives—one facing the Marina’s skyscrapers and the other overlooking Blue Water Island and Ain Dubai. The upper floors house Tattu, a multi-level dining and lounge experience, including a sky pool at 310 meters and a 360-degree Sky Lounge on Level 81, offering panoramic views of Dubai. With eight dining options, a 24-hour gym, and a spa suspended above the city, Ciel Dubai Marina promises a resort-like experience in the sky, where guests can immerse themselves in the city’s dynamic energy without ever stepping outside.

  • Japan protests China’s travel advisory over Taiwan remarks

    Japan protests China’s travel advisory over Taiwan remarks

    Tensions between China and Japan have intensified following a travel advisory issued by Beijing urging its citizens to avoid visiting Japan. The advisory, announced on Friday, cited concerns over recent attacks against Chinese nationals in Japan and what it described as “erroneous remarks” by Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi regarding Taiwan. China argued that these comments have undermined the atmosphere for bilateral exchanges between the two nations. In response, Japan lodged a formal protest, with Chief Cabinet Secretary Minoru Kihara urging China to take “appropriate measures” to address the situation. Kihara emphasized the importance of multilayered communication to navigate the differences between the two governments. This latest development comes amid a broader context of strained relations, as Takaichi, who assumed office last month, has advocated for strengthening Japan’s military to counter potential threats from China, particularly in contested waters of the western Pacific. The dispute has further complicated an already fragile relationship, with China asserting its territorial claims over Taiwan and conducting military drills in the region. While neither Japan nor the United States maintains official diplomatic ties with Taiwan, the U.S. remains a key supplier of defense equipment to the island and opposes any forceful resolution to the China-Taiwan issue. The travel advisory, which appears more stringent than previous warnings, has raised questions about its potential impact on Chinese tourism to Japan, a popular destination that significantly contributes to Japan’s economy. Several Chinese airlines have already offered no-penalty refunds for tickets to Japan following the announcement.

  • Apple CEO Tim Cook to step down as soon as next year: Financial Times

    Apple CEO Tim Cook to step down as soon as next year: Financial Times

    Apple Inc. is accelerating its succession planning as CEO Tim Cook prepares to step down as early as next year, according to a report by the Financial Times. The tech giant is unlikely to announce a new CEO before its next earnings report in late January, which coincides with the crucial holiday season. John Ternus, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Hardware Engineering, is widely regarded as the frontrunner to succeed Cook, sources familiar with the matter revealed. The company’s board and senior executives have reportedly intensified discussions to ensure a smooth transition after Cook’s 14-year tenure. Cook assumed the CEO role in 2011, following the resignation of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, who revolutionized the tech industry. Apple’s leadership change comes at a pivotal moment as the company continues to innovate in a competitive global market.

  • Trump signs order to lower tariffs on beef, coffee, other goods

    Trump signs order to lower tariffs on beef, coffee, other goods

    In a significant move to address escalating cost-of-living concerns, US President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Friday to reduce tariffs on essential agricultural imports, including beef, coffee, bananas, and tomatoes. This decision comes as the Trump administration faces mounting pressure from voters grappling with affordability issues, which played a pivotal role in recent elections for New York City mayor and the governors of New Jersey and Virginia. The new tariff exemptions, which are retroactively effective from Thursday, aim to alleviate price pressures on goods that the US cannot sufficiently produce domestically. Products such as avocados, coconuts, and pineapples are also included in the exemption list. The administration’s decision follows a series of trade agreements with Argentina, Guatemala, Ecuador, and El Salvador, which similarly aim to remove ‘reciprocal’ tariffs on goods the US cannot produce in adequate quantities. National Coffee Association president Bill Murray hailed the move, stating it would ease cost-of-living pressures for the majority of American adults who rely on daily coffee consumption. The administration has acknowledged the economic strain on Americans, with Trump’s top economic adviser, Kevin Hassett, vowing to address the issue promptly. While the broader impact of tariffs on inflation remains moderate, policymakers warn that higher levies could continue to affect prices across the economy.

  • UAE, 8 countries support US draft UN resolution to endorse Trump’s Gaza plan

    UAE, 8 countries support US draft UN resolution to endorse Trump’s Gaza plan

    In a significant diplomatic move, nine countries, including the United Arab Emirates (UAE), have jointly endorsed a US-drafted United Nations Security Council resolution supporting President Donald Trump’s Comprehensive Plan to End the Gaza Conflict. The resolution, formally circulated last week, proposes a two-year mandate for a transitional governance body and an international stabilization force. The plan, announced on September 29, aims to pave the way for Palestinian self-determination and statehood, according to a joint statement issued by the UAE, US, Qatar, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Jordan, and Turkey. These nations emphasized the plan as a sincere effort toward achieving peace and stability in the region. The US mission to the UN has urged the Security Council to expedite the resolution’s adoption. Notably, Israel and Hamas agreed to the first phase of Trump’s 20-point plan in October, which includes a hostage release deal and is annexed to the draft resolution. While Trump has ruled out deploying US troops to Gaza, discussions are underway with countries like Indonesia, the UAE, Egypt, Qatar, Turkey, and Azerbaijan to contribute approximately 20,000 troops to the stabilization force.

  • India: At least 9 killed, 29 injured in explosion at police station in Kashmir, NDTV reports

    India: At least 9 killed, 29 injured in explosion at police station in Kashmir, NDTV reports

    A devastating explosion at a police station in the Indian-administered region of Kashmir has resulted in the deaths of at least nine individuals and left 29 others injured. The incident occurred late on Friday at the Nowgam police station, where a stockpile of confiscated explosives detonated unexpectedly. Among the deceased were several police officers and forensic team members who were in the process of examining the stored materials. The blast’s intensity was so severe that body parts were reportedly found in nearby homes, situated approximately 100 to 200 meters away from the site. Emergency services, including fire tenders, were promptly dispatched to the scene to manage the aftermath. This tragic event follows closely on the heels of a car explosion in New Delhi, which claimed eight lives and was labeled a terrorist act by the Indian government. The ongoing territorial dispute between India and Pakistan over Kashmir, a region both nations claim in its entirety, continues to be a source of tension and conflict. The police chief of Jammu and Kashmir is scheduled to hold a press conference to provide further details on the incident.

  • UAE: 6 illegal fishing boats seized amid crackdown in Fujairah’s Bird Island Reserve

    UAE: 6 illegal fishing boats seized amid crackdown in Fujairah’s Bird Island Reserve

    In a decisive move to protect marine biodiversity, authorities in Fujairah have confiscated six fishing vessels engaged in illegal activities within the Bird Island Reserve. The Fujairah Environment Authority (FEA) conducted the operation during routine field inspections as part of an ongoing monitoring campaign. FEA Director Asila Al Mualla emphasized that fishing within marine reserves constitutes a severe environmental violation and is subject to legal penalties. The monitoring system employs daily oversight, scheduled field visits, and advanced surveillance technologies to detect and address illegal activities promptly. Al Mualla highlighted the importance of protecting Fujairah’s natural reserves, which serve as vital habitats for coral reefs, small fish, and endangered species. Illegal fishing disrupts food chains, depletes fish stocks, and damages coral structures, which are essential for marine life. Additionally, fishing near diving sites poses risks to divers and sea users due to potential entanglement in fishing lines or accidents involving high-speed boats. The FEA stressed that safeguarding these reserves is crucial for environmental sustainability, allowing fish populations to recover and reproduce in safe habitats. These efforts also support the blue economy by promoting eco-tourism and sustainable diving practices. Al Mualla reiterated the FEA’s commitment to enforcing environmental regulations and urged fishers and sea users to comply fully to preserve Fujairah’s natural resources for future generations. This crackdown underscores the emirate’s dedication to balancing human activity with environmental protection.

  • Experts advocate smart tech to advance inclusive education

    Experts advocate smart tech to advance inclusive education

    At the Third International Conference on High-Quality Development in Special Education, held in Beijing on November 13, 2025, a distinguished panel of special education experts from China, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Singapore underscored the pivotal role of smart technologies in fostering inclusive classrooms. The conference, themed ‘Inclusion and Intelligence,’ was co-hosted by the special education branches of Beijing Normal University and the University of Strathclyde.

    Zhu Xudong, Dean of BNU’s Faculty of Education, highlighted the shifting dynamics in special education, noting the increasing prevalence of autism and the corresponding decline in physical disabilities. He called for enhanced cross-sector collaboration, particularly in the era of AI, to develop innovative inclusive classroom practices.

    Deborah Robinson, Head of the University of Strathclyde’s Institute of Education, echoed this sentiment, emphasizing the potential of AI and advocating for deeper international partnerships. Li Tianshun, Vice-President of the Chinese Society of Education, identified intelligent technology as a crucial support for inclusive education, which is now a global mainstream trend. He urged the establishment of a comprehensive, all-age education system built on shared research and international cooperation to drive systemic change.

    Huang Wei, Head of Special Education at the Ministry of Education’s Department of Basic Education, pointed out that digital transformation has significantly driven the high-quality development of special education over the past five years. Moving forward, efforts will be intensified to enhance digital infrastructure, develop specialized large-language models tailored for special education, and deepen international collaboration. These measures aim to propel special education into a new phase characterized by precise and personalized services.

    Piao Yongxin, a founding figure of modern special education in China, emphasized that while the field must embrace digital transformation, technology should be viewed as a tool rather than an end. He stressed that the essence of special education remains committed to serving the holistic development of individuals and the strategic needs of the nation.

    The conference featured in-depth discussions on the training of special educators and the application of AI, with participants from various countries sharing insights and best practices.